Slope calculator calculate slope [m], equation of straight line, distance between 2 points, midpoint and angle by input position of 2 points both on x-axis and y-axis.
- Calculate slope [m], equation of straight line, distance between 2 points, midpoint and angle by input position of 2 points both on x-axis and y-axis
- Instant result output
- Result are copy-able
- Reference image for better understanding on input point
- Formula are include for better understanding
Slope, sometimes referred to as gradient in mathematics, is a number that measures the steepness and direction of a line, or a section of a line connecting two points, and is usually denoted by m. Generally, a line's steepness is measured by the absolute value of its slope, m. The larger the value is, the steeper the line. Given m, it is possible to determine the direction of the line that m describes based on its sign and value:
- A line is increasing, and goes upwards from left to right when m > 0
- A line is decreasing, and goes downwards from left to right when m < 0
- A line has a constant slope, and is horizontal when m = 0
- A vertical line has an undefined slope, since it would result in a fraction with 0 as the denominator.
The slope is represented mathematically as:
m = (y2 - y1) / (x2 - x1)
Refer to the Pythagorean theorem we can calculate the distance provided in the calculator:
d = √(x2 - x1)2 + (y2 - y1)2
Given the slope (m), it is possible to find angle θ using the following equation:
θ = tan-1(m)
*This is a universal app that work for both iPhone and iPad.
Thanks for your support and do visit nitrio.com for more apps for your iOS devices.