Rainfall Calculator are physic/math calculator to find how many litres of rain water you can harvest per year, evaluate the cost savings and also recommend the minimum tank size for water storage.
- Instant calculation
- Result are copy able to other app
- Formula are include as reference
- Support up to 16 decimal place
- Support various unit for each input
Rainwater Collection Calculator
- The catchment area is multiplied by the depth of rain that falls on it to give the total volume of water produced.
- 1 millimetre of rain over 1 square metre of roof equals 1 litre of water
- Annual rainfall (in millimetres) x Roof surface area (in square metres) = Roof catchment capacity.
- You can add the cost of mains or tap water per M3 to evaluate the cost savings per year if this rainwater is collected and used instead of drinking water.
- Minimum Tank Size store (33%) of the "Annual Rainfall On Your Roof Area" as you use the water while you are collecting it.
The rain will collect in gutters that channel the water into downspouts and then into some sort of storage vessel. Rainwater collection systems can be as simple as collecting rain in a rain barrel or as elaborate as harvesting rainwater into large cisterns to supply your entire household demand.
You can also collect rainwater for garden use. Plants like rainwater, because it's naturally soft, and free of chlorine and other chemicals. If drought is a problem where you live, collecting rainwater is a good way to deal with watering restrictions. If you're on a municipal water system, you stand to save a considerable amount of money.
*This is a universal app that work for both iPhone and iPad.
Thanks for your support and do visit nitrio.com for more apps for your iOS devices.