Motorcycle Tyre Size Calculator are use to find Tyre width, Aspect ratio, Construction type, Rim diameter, Speed rating and Load index of Motorcycle Tyre.
- Instant calculation
- Result are copy able to other app
- Reference are included
Motorcycle Tyre Size Designations:
Motorcycle Tyre Code can be found on the tyre's sidewall with information about tyre:
- Tyre width in mm
- Aspect ratio – ratio of height to width
- Rim diameter
- Construction type
- Load index - Maximum load capacity
- Speed rating - Maximum allowed speed
Same as four-wheeled vehicles, Tyres for motorcycle have a tyre code, which describes a tyre's width, height/width aspect ratio, wheel diameter, load index and speed rating.
The most common code example are:
190/50 R 17 M/C (73 W)
- 3 digit number: The "nominal section width" of the tyre in millimeter, the widest point from both outer edges.
- / Slash character for character separation.
- 2 or 3 digit number: The "aspect ratio" of the sidewall height to the total width of the tyre, as a percentage.
- An optional letter indicating construction of the fabric carcass of the tyre:
B: bias belt (where the sidewalls are the same material as the tread, leading to a rigid ride)
-: cross ply tyre
- 2 digit number: Diameter in inches of the wheel that the tyre is designed to fit.
- M/C: Motorcycle Tyre
- 2 or 3 digit number: Load index
- 1 or 2 digit/letter combo: Speed rating
*This is a universal app that work for both iPhone and iPad.
Thanks for your support and do visit nitrio.com for more apps for your iOS devices.